Monday, February 15, 2021

Storybook Plan

For my storybook, I will be creating an anthology of sorts where each edition features a Durga living through a different origin story of Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) from both the comics and the 2019 movie, with some aspects changed to reflect Durga's origin involving Mahishasura.

For this, I will use the following stories:

The first:

One based off Carol's original origin, in which she was given her powers by a Kree device.

For this, I will mainly use the following sources, though I also own the comics and will likely consult them:

Carol's Marvel Fandom Wiki

Captain Marvel #7 Summary on Marvel Fandom Wiki

The second:

The second will be based off of Carol's retconned origin from the Life of Captain Marvel story, where she inherited her powers from her mother.

I will use the following source, as well as the comics:

What We Learned From the Life of Captain Marvel Comic Book Series

The third:

The final story in the anthology will be based off the movie Captain Marvel (2019). In this, she loses her memory right after getting her powers from an infinity stone.

For the source:

I will use the Wikipedia page, as well as the movie itself.

And, for all three stories, I will mix in aspects of Durga's origin story. For these, I will pull from both her Wikipedia page and an interesting article about her eyes and weapons, Durga Puja: The story of the goddess and her incarnations.


Throughout these three stories, I hope to impart the message that, no matter where you start in life, you can always be a hero and save the day as long as you try your best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 12 Lab - Microfiction: New Beginnings

Drabble Version New Beginnings The wind howled as she slammed the door on the truck. Turning, she put her hands on her hips and surveyed her...