Sunday, January 24, 2021

Technology is the Future

Bonjour,

I am familiar with most of the technology discussed in this assignment. I frequently bookmark web pages for easy future reference and I already had my spell check on in Chrome. The only piece of technology I had not previously used was a word count extension -- I would usually just copy and paste into Word as I did not know there were Chrome extensions that did this. Having a Chrome extension is a lot easier!

One Chrome extension I have had for a while that does not necessarily apply to this class is AdBlock. This ad has come in handy many times (my current version says it has blocked over 26,000 ads for me!). Not only does it save me the annoyance of having to click out of ads, it also prevents them from causing loading issues. There are some websites, usually journals or newspapers, which require you to turn off the AdBlock on their page, but that is easy to do. I definitely recommend it to anyone who uses Chrome.

This semester I really want to work on my blogging skills. I have been contemplating making a personal blog for myself, so I want to use my experience in blogging this semester as a way of discovering if I'd actually like blogging.

Technology has become such a large part of our lives, so I think learning how to utilize it as much as possible can only help us in the future.

Picture of a Laptop and Flowers.
No Changes Made. Source: pixy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 12 Lab - Microfiction: New Beginnings

Drabble Version New Beginnings The wind howled as she slammed the door on the truck. Turning, she put her hands on her hips and surveyed her...