Sunday, January 24, 2021

Time Strategies I Find Useful

Art of the Word "Productivity".
No Changes Made. Source: pixy

Hello!

I am big on checklists and planners. I always buy a new planner at the start of the school year and I love filling it in with all of my exams and assignments, as well as any meetings I have. However, last semester I realized that, especially with online courses, checklists are just as useful to me as planners. As discussed in How Checklists Train Your Brain to be More Productive and Goal-Oriented by Lauren Marchese, my checklists help keep me on track and motivated to keep going until all of my tasks are complete. I really enjoyed this article because I kept finding myself agreeing with the author and thinking of how I had experienced the effects it described.

The other article I read, How to Build a Realistic Study Plan that You'll Actually Stick To by Amanda Collins, was similar to the first for me, except it covered planners instead of checklists. While I don't use planners to create a study plan, mainly as a place to organize all of my assignments and due dates, I thought the method described was equally as useful. While I don't think it would work for me as well as the checklists because I am not always doing the same things everyday, I think I could perhaps use some aspects of this method in my own use, like roughly determining how many hours each day I should dedicate to each class.

Based on last semester, I think my biggest challenge will be procrastinating on bigger assignments and essays instead of working on them a little at a time over a long time frame. This would have saved me stress and would have, I think, set me up better to have more free time that actually felt relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 12 Lab - Microfiction: New Beginnings

Drabble Version New Beginnings The wind howled as she slammed the door on the truck. Turning, she put her hands on her hips and surveyed her...