Monday, January 25, 2021

Week 2: Reading Overview

Hello again,

Today I decided to read the Tiny Tales version of the Ramayana! I decided this for a few reasons: it's free, I can download it onto my Kindle (which I just got last month so I love that I can use it for this class!), and its written by Laura! The reason I chose this version over the Public Domain edition that was also free was that this edition is written in modern language instead of an ancient style. But, honestly, the main reason I chose this version is that I can download it onto my Kindle (at the time of writing this I've already downloaded the free mobi file and sent it to my Kindle). 

As I have mentioned in my introduction post, I read several different Marvel comic runs, so I think it is really cool that there are comics for this class and I am very excited to read them. Also mentioned in previous posts, I am most interested in the goddess Durga due to the Tiger's Curse Saga by Colleen Houck. Thus, when I started looking at the available comics I migrated to Tales of Durga: Tales of the Mother Goddess. I read over the summary, and I can definitely tell that I would love to read this comic. Another comic I found interesting was Shiva Parvati: A Story of Divine Love. This story was also referenced in the Tiger's Curse series, so that is why I initially looked at it. Having read the summary, I also think I would like this comic series as I do love a good romance.

For the videos, the first one I watched was Harry Potter Meets Hindu Mythology by Epified. I looked at this video because I love Harry Potter, and I really liked how this video drew connections from Harry Potter to all of the different Indian readings we will do this semester. It described some of the concepts in a way that was easy for me to understand. For the second video, I watched Avengers, Gods, and Superheroes by Epified. The reason I watched this video is due to my love of Marvel, and I liked how the Avengers were compared to Hindu gods. It made for an interesting video!

Below, I have included an image of artwork for the Ramayana. I chose this art because we will start the Ramayana next week, and also because I like how it clearly depicts two characters on a journey. 


2D Artwork of Rama and Lakshmana Searching for Sita as Hanuman Observes Them.
No Changes Made. By Sarah Welch on 10-30-2018. Source: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 12 Lab - Microfiction: New Beginnings

Drabble Version New Beginnings The wind howled as she slammed the door on the truck. Turning, she put her hands on her hips and surveyed her...