Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Week 8 Reading and Writing

So far over the semester I think the amount of effort I have put into my reading posts has decreased a bit, because I have found out what I need to include in my reading notes to make writing the stories easier. But, I do not think the quality of my reading or writing posts have diminished, though I did have some difficulties in coming up with stories relating to the Mahabharata. I have focused more on my feelings about the tales that stuck out to me, as well as how I would like to change the stories. As most of my stories have come from my own retellings of things we have read, I think this format has worked really well.

I am very happy with the layout of my blog. It started out in a different style, but I really like the current style a lot better. For my project website, I am happy so far with the layout and the writing I have done, despite only having worked on the introduction so far. I think the practice I have gotten in writing stories for the Ramayana and the Mahabharata will help me in the writing for my project, as I was initially unsure how to incorporate Indian epics with more modern stories.

Statue of Durga.
No Changes Made. By: Ssgapu22 on 10-16-2018. Source: Wikimedia Commons

The image above depicts a breathtaking statue of Durga, which I have displayed on the homepage of my project website. I really like this image because it is clear someone spent a lot of effort on making this statue, and it really makes me feel in awe of Durga.

Looking forward to the rest of the semester, I think I will get more out of my writing if I can be engaged with the reading. It was easier for me to write about the Ramayana because I enjoyed it more, so hopefully I enjoy the future readings. I think I can help facilitate this by making sure to keep an open mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 12 Lab - Microfiction: New Beginnings

Drabble Version New Beginnings The wind howled as she slammed the door on the truck. Turning, she put her hands on her hips and surveyed her...