Saturday, April 3, 2021

Reading Notes: Epified: Krishna, Part B

This second part of Krishna's story was even more interesting than the first! I was saddened when Krishna and Radha could not marry, and I was happy when Krishna fulfilled his destiny by killing King Kamsa. I also enjoyed the illustrations in this part as well as I did in Part A.

One part that stood out to me was Krishna's healing of Trivakra. This very much reminded me again of Jesus, who healed many people during his lifetime. I think it is so interesting how Krishna, an avatar of Vishnu, has a story with so many parallels to Jesus, who is a huge part of Christianity. I wonder if that is just coincidence, or if one of the tales inspired the other?

Besides that part, I also enjoyed the story of Krishna taming Hastin and showing the people of Vrindaven the lesson of kindness. It was very sweet to see how Krishna easily tamed the bull by simply feeding him sweets and playing music, though I do wonder why no one else in the village had tried to similarly tame Hastin before? It seems similar to techniques people use today to tame wild animals.

I think for a story on this section, I would maybe want to write about Radha's feelings when she is told she will not be able to marry Krishna. We got to hear about Krishna's feelings on the topic, but not Radha's. I want to give Radha a chance to react to the news and have feelings, either of anger or sadness.

Statue of Krishna at Sri Mariamman Temple.
No Changes Made. By: AngMoKio on 2-15-2011. Source: Wikimedia Commons

Bibliography:

"Krishna Episode 13 - The Saviour of Dharma" by Epified TV (India) in 2015. Link: YouTube

"Krishna Episode 18 - Krishna Kills Kamsa" by Epified TV (India) in 2015. Link: YouTube

"Krishna Episode 16 - Krishna Arrives at Mathura" by Epified TV (India) in 2015. Link: YouTube

"Krishna Episode 12 - Krishna rides Hastin" by Epified TV (India) in 2015. Link: YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 12 Lab - Microfiction: New Beginnings

Drabble Version New Beginnings The wind howled as she slammed the door on the truck. Turning, she put her hands on her hips and surveyed her...